Oh really! After 20th January customers need to pay banks for every minor service charges, viral on social media. If we don’t pay it will be directly deducted from our accounts, including GST charges. It is viral on social media that every customer needs to pay a bank for every service like updating a PAN number, Aadhar link, Cheque book, Passbook etc. If this situation takes place, it will directly affect common people pocket.
Some of the tycoons like Mukesh Ambani, won’t think of it enormously, but common people like you and me will surely feel swayed.
People are discussing it using their perception. Is this news really true? This news is viral via a message which claims on various factors:
1. Whenever you update pass book entries, automatically Rs.10 will be deducted from your account.
2. You can remove Rs. 50,000 only from your account using a self-cheque, then you have to pay Rs.10 on every transaction.
3. As of now, there are no charges to deposit Rs. 50,000 in your account but if you cross the limit of 50k, you will be charge 2.50paise on every Rs.1000 transaction. A person reading this message might think, “Íts okay, to bare the amount of Rs. 10 to 20.”
4. What if, you are charged Rs. 25 to get details of account statement?
5. For new passbook, Rs.25 will be deducted from your account.
6.For Demand Draft, you will be charged Rs. 25.
7. For depositing cheque charges Rs.10 and speed clearing charges will be applied too.
8. If you do the transaction via NEFT-RTGS and internet banking charges will be applied.
9. More than Rs.2 lakhs transaction Rs. 50 will be charged.
10.To update PAN and Aadhar number Rs. 25 will be charged.
11. If you do a transaction via internet banking or mobile banking you will be charged Rs.25 and in case if your password is blocked, to unblock charges will be Rs.10.
- Will really these new charges be applied?
- Do these charges get applied to every bank?
- Is the process same, for every bank?
- What is the major role of #RBI in it?
- Have private and government banks discussed it?
One of the banking expert and ViralProofsNews researched on it, whether it’s true or not?
Yes! the viral message is genuine. And after 20th January customers need to pay bank every minor service charges. According to VPN, the charges applied will differ from bank to bank be it even a foreign bank. There is no guideline or specific charges given by RBI to be charged, the bank sees it cost and then it will be charged. So inquire in your respective banks and be ready to pay service charges.
You might think if a bank is going to decide the charges, then why above viral factors are mentioned along with the charges? While researching VPN found one of the websites of Bank of India where we found the column of service charges, where it was written, “Service charges applicable from 20th January 2018 onwards.”
Another question is, “Did Bank of India takes a permission, of showing it on their website?”
Yes, they had taken the permission from the board of directors. According to the RBI, only Debit card transaction service charges won’t be applied*(exceptional).